Pages

Like Me

Monday, January 21, 2008

Promotion

What you sow and will reap in due time – Gal 6:7 a! God promises never in vain because He is faithful, forever faithful 1 Thess 5:24! Very first time I step into my career, I told God that I want to be a successful person in market place. In fact, I tell him what I want to be in futures. This is placing a request before Him; everything took place according to His seasons and timing. I can’t push God; I just have to be faithful as well!

I was promoted after a year of hard work and presenting the best of me in my present company. I did everything that I can to help this company to achieve certain level of professionalism! The humility and the willingness is the key point of my little success. Though sometimes, the task is not in my list, I willingly lend a hand to assist. I offer myself to help, I never complaint, honest in all cases even in my mistake!

Guess what, the day my GM ask me into her room and present me my promotion letter; for a rational person; the reaction should be happy but I’m not! Doesn’t mean I am not rational. I seek God, why I’m like this? I found the answer in Matt 16:24-28 & 1 John 2:15-17. When I received the letter, I hardly smile but I did smile and thank to my GM. I knew this is what the world offer. The more you able to show your self, the higher you are valued! I went back to my seat, and like meditating on something. One voice, WHAT NEXT? What is the next thing to come? Aren’t I’ll aim for a higher goal, another year to achieve….. Or shorter…. Or so….. What else after you achieve the next level? I will look for the next level…..

The satisfaction will never meet! Believe me! It will never meet!!! You will find something greater to meet your current situation. We are just human! Human are selfish. Just want to gain so much for our self because the world say so. The more you gain, the wealthy and greater you are in the name and power!

But I knew there are things which can give me a pure and long lasting satisfaction. That is seeing someone acknowledge and believe in Jesus! Really! You would probably ask, what is the benefit then to see someone believe Jesus?

I really don’t know how to explain to you the real satisfaction! This only can be understand by own experiences. The joy is not of the world, not of how much value you are, not of how great you are, not of how wealthy you are! It’s from heaven. You can sense that, God is smiling and please with your works (leading someone to know Christ). I was not paid to do so, but I knew God is rewarding my work (heavenly works). You will say I am just a holy man, so religious! I am not! Simply because you do not understand what I’m experiencing.

Thank you as if you are congratulating my promotion. I will continue to set higher goal for myself, because I am still in this world! In the mean time, I will make sure another higher goal I need to set; it’s the Kingdom of God! Because He desire none should perish - 2 Pet 3:9!

No comments: